The heat treatments of the metals are metallurgictransformations under protective atmosphere at high temperature aimed atimproving the mechanic, use and tear-and-wear characteristics of the metals.
They make up for up to 15/18% of the final cost of theproduct and are very important to reduce the deformations, to give bettermechanic characteristics and to reduce the cost of the material used.
The outlook from 2016 to 2020 in the heat treatmentindustry forecasts an increase in both the new equipment and in the serviceswith an increase of 5-6%, compared to a global increase of the economy between0,5 and 1,5%, mainly thanks to the growth of the manufacturing market in theautomotive industry, which forecasts the realization of 100.000.000 vehicles produced in 2020 compared to the 92.000.000 of 2015.
All this causes big innovations in the construction ofthe equipment for the heat treatment, also because of the norms CQI 9introduced by all the major automobile producers worldwide, with the followingchanges:
1) Increase in the computerization on the equipmentwith continuous monitoring of the fluids both in their flow rates and intheir pressure.
Scame forni industriali S.p.A. has for manyyears already evolved its equipment with complete data digitalization andlogging, to be able to go back any time to how the furnace worked and whetherthere has been any anomaly.
2) Possibility to create protocols on the furnace computerizedsystem with log of all the necessary functions (temperature, gas pressure andflow rates, temporary start up and stop signals etc.); this created a kind ofproductive handbook which can be used anywhere in the world allowing ourcustomers to produce everywhere the same way.
3) Remote control of our furnaces and possibility for our technicaldepartment to connect directly to the furnace computer to check itsfunctionality, give our customer technicians support and offer remote training.
4) Improvement in the environmental impact in the use ofnew-generation furnaces with the replacement of the old ones that produce a lotof CO2, heat up the working environment and have high emissions in theatmosphere. The continuous search for costs reduction of the heat treatmentallows for investments on new equipment which drastically reduce the pollutioneffects of the old ones.
5) Considerable reduction of accidents on the furnaces thanks tothe continuous research and development to cut to almost 0 the chances for afurnace to cause accidents. The continuous applied research and the use ofadequate devices allow to reduce, if not even to zero, any possible humanerror, thanks to the obligation of the use of the furnaces in safetyconditions.
6) Increase in the Countries where the equipment for heat treatment will be used,such as Vietnam, Egypt and Africa, whereas there will be remarkable increasesin Mexico, India and Indonesia. All the investments in equipment for heattreatment will shift to these areas in the next 10-15 years.